Modifications to Court Orders

Modifications to Court Orders

Scottsdale Modification Lawyer

arizona court order modification lawyerNo matter how much time and effort goes into crafting a settlement agreement and how hard you pursue a divorce decree that is in your favor, modifications may be necessary later down the road. Life changes are unavoidable and often unforeseeable. When these changes do occur, you can speak with our Scottsdale divorce attorneys for the representation you need. We have more than 90 years of combined experience.

Court orders remain in effect until they are changed or modified. In order to modify a court order and make it legally enforceable, a formal modification must be filed with the court. Modifications of court orders do take time, so it is best to start the process early. Whether you need to make changes to spousal maintenancechild support, or another matter, call Owens & Perkins at (480) 994-8824 to schedule your complimentary 30-minute phone consultation.

Contact us now to get started with a 30 minute consultation!

Reasons to Modify a Court Order

The following are possible reasons that a court order may need to be modified:

  • Your ex-spouse remarries
  • Your child turns 18 years old and graduates from high school
  • It’s time to evaluate a child support modification
  • You need to modify the parenting time arrangement
  • You need to modify an order due to change in employment

Modifications for Support

In many cases, clients require modifications after a spousal support or child support order is made. Whether you are on the receiving or giving end of a support order, you may need to request a change to support yourself and / or your children. Our firm can also help you petition for the termination of support. This may be an option if your child has emancipated or if your ex-spouse remarries.

Modifications for Child Custody or Visitation

Another common modification request concerns child custody (now known as legal decision making) and visitation rights. Whether the custodial parent must relocate or a non-custodial parent wishes to petition for shared custody, our firm can help.

Work with Our Scottsdale Divorce Attorneys

Many times, the other party fails to do what he or she is ordered to do by the court. Despite repeated requests, the person may simply ignore the orders. In such a case, it is important to contact our experienced Scottsdale lawyers for help with enforcement of court orders or modifications to court orders. No matter what type of modification is necessary, we can guide you through each step.