Founding the Firm
After being admitted to the practice of law in 1994, Ms. Perkins was a sole practitioner for two years before forming Owens & Perkins with her maternal grandfather, C.D. Owens. No one else in the family is an attorney and Michelle had the wonderful privilege of working side by side with her grandfather for 23 years. After an extraordinary 68-year legal career, C.D. retired in 2017. We literally have generations representing generations.
Attorney Michelle Perkins is well known for her practice in the areas of family law, estate planning, and probate, including representing generations of clients whose families have been represented by the firm since Mr. Owens arrived in Arizona back in 1967. Things have certainly changed over the years, but through good times and bad, the firm has been here for our valued clients, and in 2022 the firm celebrating its 55 Year Anniversary.
Ms. Perkins’ professional organizations include the Arizona Chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization, an organization dedicated to transforming the lives of entrepreneurs who transform the world of business, and Successful Women Owners Network (“SWON”), recognizing women who embody innovation, growth, community service and lifetime achievement.
In recognition of her outstanding work, some of her most notable achievements include:
- Martindale-Hubbell – AV Preeminent Rated—Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal ability and Ethical Standards by both peers and Judges / 2014 – 2022
- Martindale Hubbell – Client Champion Platinum Award / 2017 – 2022
- Lawyers.com – AV Preeminent Rated / 2022
- Avvo – Top-Rated Lawyer by the Legal Community / 2018 – 2021
- The American Registry – America’s Most Honored Lawyers Top 1% / 2020-2021
- Avvo – Client’s Choice Award / 2012—2021
- The American Registry – America’s Most Honored Professionals Top 1% / 2016-2019
- The Arizona Republic – Top Lawyers – For Excellence and Achievement / 2015 – 2020
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nation’s Top 1% / 2015 – 2017
- The American Institute of Family Law – “10 Best” / 2017
- Republic Media, Arizona Republic – Lifetime Achievement Award, Successful Women Owners Network (“SWON”) / 2016
- Martindale-Hubbell – Client Distinction Award / 2013 – 2015
- The American Registry – America’s Most Honored Professionals Top 5% / 2014-2015
- AZ Business Magazine – Arizona’s Top Lawyers / 2012 / 2014
- AZ Business Magazine – 50 Most Influential Women in Arizona Business / 2013
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Scottsdale Bar Association – Award of Excellence / 2009
- Southwest – Top 5% of family law lawyers / 2007