Mr. Hanson was admitted to practice in 1997 in Arizona and the U.S. District Court of Arizona. He has practiced extensively as a trial attorney appearing in thousands of cases across the state in administrative agency proceedings, arbitrations, bench trials, and multi-day jury trials in a variety of family law, civil, and criminal proceedings. He has also successfully handled a number of appeals in both civil and family law cases and several of these appeals resulted in published opinions making new law in Arizona. His current practice focuses on complex, high net worth and ultra high net worth divorce cases.
Mr. Hanson is and has formerly been a member of the State Bar of Arizona’s Family Law, Trial Practice, and Criminal Practice sections as well as the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the American Bar Association, the Scottsdale Bar Association, and the Maricopa County Bar.
Max Hanson was recently featured in a 12news.com video advocating for prenuptial agreements before marriage.
Some of his most notable achievements include:
- Avvo Top-Rated Lawyer by the Legal Community / 2018 / 2019
- Top Lawyers—For Excellence and Achievement by the Arizona Republic / 2015 / 2016 / 2018 / 2019
- AV Preeminent Rated—Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by both peers and Judges—Martindale-Hubbell / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 / 2019
- Client Champion Gold by Martindale-Hubbell / 2017 / 2019
- Client Distinction Award by Martindale-Hubbell / 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016
- Lifetime Achievement Award—America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- “Top 10” Family Law Attorneys in Arizona by National Academy of Family Law Attorneys / 2015
- “10 Best” DUI/DWI Attorneys by American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys / 2017
- Lead Counsel Rated for Family Law and Criminal Law
- Top 1% by The American Registry of Business Excellence / 2017
- America’s Most Honored Professionals by The American Registry / 2016
- Clients’ Choice Award for Divorce by Avvo / 2013