It seems that we have progressed to an easy click of the mouse on our computers for just about everything. From banking, to paying bills, to shopping….there’s an app for that!
And, the same is true for buying and selling cars. Who knew?
Because of “eTitle” provided by the Arizona Motor Vehicles Division, you can now transfer the title of your cars online.
In a simple five step process you can now securely complete this process quickly and efficiently from any device.
What a great alternative to spending the entire day standing in line at the MVD!
In order to get the process started, just visit https://www.azdot.gov/motor-vehicles/VehicleServices/Title/etitle-transfer and create an “AZ MVD Now” account.
The DMV requires that the vehicle record must indicate:
- An Arizona vehicle title
- A current Arizona registration
- No lien(s) on the vehicle record or added to the vehicle record
- Current emissions, if applicable, and
- The vehicle must be a non-commercial passenger vehicle
There are also some requirements for the buyers and sellers:
- Both parties must have an Arizona customer record/number with a photo on file
- The electronic transfer may only be made to a single buyer
- The seller must be the only owner of record or have an “OR” legal status between current owners
- The buyer must complete the title and registration process immediately after the seller releases ownership
This process was created to get Arizona out of line and safely on the road. I’m all for it.
But wait, there’s more, eTitle also reduces the risk of title fraud by utilizing a secure online process instead of paper.
This part is actually for MVD’s benefit, MVD wants everyone to note that the MVD does not have any role in the sale of a vehicle, they only handle the title transfer. You control the actual sale.
So, now you know, you can add “title transfer” to that ever growing list of things you can accomplish online.
If you find yourself, a friend or a loved one in need of legal assistance and you would like to work with one of our experienced Attorneys, please call OWENS & PERKINS at (480) 994-8824 to schedule your free 30 minute consultation.