A guardian may be appointed when someone other than the parent wants to be appointed by the court to take over parental responsibilities, such as decisions regarding housing, medical care, and education. Any person interested in the welfare of a minor may petition the court for appointment of a Title 14 guardian. Title 14 Guardianships

from Guardianship


A “dependent child” is one who is in need of proper and effective parental care and control and has no parent or guardian, or the parent or guardian is not willing to exercise or is incapable of exercising care and control Or, a child who is destitute Without adequate food, clothing, shelter or medical care,

from Dependency